- Why Dubai
- Filming in Dubai
- How to Film in Dubai
- Made in Dubai
- Local Production Companies
- Public Interest
- Online Permits
In order to apply for a filming permit, you must have a valid UAE production trade license. Any individuals, companies or entities that do not have a valid UAE production trade license can either apply to obtain a license or partner with a UAE-licensed production company to obtain a filming permit.
Permit applications must be submitted a minimum of three (3) business days prior to the first filming day. The UAE working week is Sunday through Thursday. Weekends and public holidays are not business days.
Registration is quick and easy. You will be asked to provide your:
- Company details
- Documentation supporting your establishment (e.g. trade license)
- Passport & visa copies of the named manager on the trade license
Once your request has been approved, you will be sent login credentials via email.
The system will automatically store your company information, so you will not be required to reenter it for each application. It is your responsibility to keep your company information updated in the system, including trade license renewals.
Please make sure that you are using the latest version of either Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox or Chrome before registering or logging-in to the online portal.
Apply for a film permit Online by clicking here.
Applying for A filming permit
Permit applications must be submitted a minimum of three (3) business days prior to the first filming day( Cutoff time is at 12 :00 PM ). The UAE working week is Sunday through Thursday. Weekends and public holidays are not business days.
What you will need & Supporting Documents:
- Script / Synopsis / storyboards
- Specific date and time of the filming in the locations
- Valid Passport and visa copies of primary crew members (Director, Producer, DoP & Location Manager) some locations may require information on additional crew
- Non Objection Certificate issued by the client in favor of the Production Company
- Location Forms requested by certain locations, which can be downloaded for completion during the application process
- Equipment List
- Public Liability Insurance (optional)
- Risk Assessment (optional)
Once submitted you will be able to track the status of your request online.
Alterations, Cancellations, Extensions and Refunds:
Certain details may be adjusted after a filming permit has been submitted.
Crew Member names and details may be modified before they have been approved. After approval it is not possible to make modifications.
Refund is valid only for private locations upon three or more business days prior notification. No refund will be accepted for government locations
Extension of dates and/or adding of additional locations, must be submitted in a new request, which can be linked to an existing project.